Among all the popular knives, the Santoku Knife is very popular for its usefulness in three different ways. With this Japanese-style knife, you can cut fish, meat, and vegetables.
Moreover, the knife has advantages for slicing, dicing, and chopping. Usually, the cutting edge of the blade is flat, and the end of the blade has a round curve. Most of the blades are 5 to 8 inches long and designed perfectly with a matching weight handle.
These are the 10 best santoku knives, ranked in order:
- Shun Premier 7″ Santoku Knife
- Victorinox Swiss Army Cutlery 7-inch Santoku Knife
- Mercer Culinary Genesis 7-Inch Santoku Knife
- Wusthof 4182 Santoku knife
- Wüsthof Classic Santoku Knife
- Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Signature
- Kyocera Advanced Ceramic Revolution Series Santoku Knife
- Cutluxe Santoku Knife Oliver Series
- Mercer Culinary Asian Collection Santoku Knife
- MAD SHARK Professional 8 Inch Santoku Knife
01. Shun Premier 7″ Santoku Knife
The Shun Cutlery Premier 7-Inch Santoku Knife features different handle designs that add value to your kitchen. Both professional chefs and a family’s kitchen would find cutting tasks figured easy with it. The cutting down and forward will seem perfectly chopped and sliced. The cutting core VG-MAX “super steel” has 34 layers on each side and has Damascus cladding. Depending on the pricing, it has PakkaWood, Tagayasan, and Textured PP/TPE handles.
If you are The Premier Shun Knife buyer, then you will have the feature of 16-degree cutting edge, and you will find it as hand sharpened or razor-sharp. The Tsuchime (hammered) finish of the Premier Shun knife helps let go of the food very easily after cutting. The manufacturing defects eradicated by Shun and sharpen support provides your knife with long-lasting usability.
- Materials: Stainless Steel
- Volume/Dimension: 12.25 x 0.75 x 1.82 inches
- Weight: 5.4 ounces
- Light-weight, super easy controlling
- eye-catching design
- Extra durable
- Reasonable price
- Sharpening may make you uncomfortable.
02. Victorinox Swiss Army Cutlery 7-inch Santoku Knife
The Victorinox Swiss Army Cutlery 7-inch Santoku Knife has a unique shape with features of cleverness. It has a Granton edge that eradicates the sticking problem while cutting vegetables or meat. Chopping with it makes you more efficient since the cutting edge does not flat. Handling the knife is super easy, even if it is wet. The weight and balance of this santoku Knife are enough good for slicing and dicing.
You can trust the knife quality because stainless steel with a length of 7-inch meets the National Sanitation Foundation standards. The handle features Thermoplastic rubber. The crafting of the knife is guaranteed against defects of the material. Victorinox ensures a lifetime service to its customers.
- Materials: Carbon
- Volume/Dimension: 15 x 3.75 x 1 inches
- Weight: 3.2 Ounces
- Durable and sustainable
- You can clean the knife easily
- Handle shape makes it easy to use
- Versatile in cutting
- Overuse may cause dullness and get rusty
03. Mercer Culinary Genesis 7-Inch Santoku Knife
The Mercer Culinary Genesis Santoku Knife is a very comfortable and safe gripped knife. The knife feature high carbon forged steel blade that resists rust, corrosion, and discoloration. Well-balanced 7-inch knife is also National Sanitation Foundation certified. The taper-ground edge makes the knife stable.
The knife is easy to sharpen, and sharpness lasts efficiently long. You can wash off the blade of the knife by hand. The material of the knife handle is Santoprene. It has a limited lifetime warranty. It can be both a dining and kitchen usable knife—the Origin of this knife steel in Soligen, Germany.
- Materials: Carbon
- Volume/Dimension: 2 x 1 x 13 inches
- Weight: 0.2 ounces
- Well balanced to use
- Easy cleaning and sustainable
- Carbon forged steel
- Sharp steel with good hand grip
- Multipurpose usable
- Knives get dull for rough use
- Can get rusty if not used properly
04. Wusthof 4182 Santoku knife
The Wusthof 4182 Santoku Knife is a Hollow edged knife, a well-dimensioned knife to buy for your kitchen use. The material used for the knife is high carbon stainless steel polyoxymethylene. Brushed finish knives attract consumers for daily use in the kitchen. The Black Handle of the knife gives a premium look on the knife.
Volume/Dimension: 12.5 x 3 x 1 inches
Weight: 2.4 ounces
- Comfortable weight
- High carbon stainless steel
- Brushed finishing
- Safe to use
- Aesthetic gift for loved ones
- Careful while washing
- Does not come with a sharpening stone
05. Wüsthof Classic 7inches Santoku Knife
The Wusthof Classic Santoku Knives comes with thin blades. The precision edge enhances the sharpness more and lasts twice long. High carbon stainless steel and a highly durable synthetic material (POM) handle made it more attractive to have in your collection. There are small pockets in the blade that help the food to push off from the blade. You can cut fresh fruits and vegetables with it easily.
A comfortable handle gives you an excellent grip over the knife to feel control over it. The durability of the knife makes you want to have it. Tempered to 58-degree Rockwell so you can cut things the way you want them to be.
- Materials: High Carbon Stainless Steel
- Volume/Dimension: 5 x 2 x 1 inches
- Weight: 5.64 Ounces
- You can sharpen the knife easily
- Full bolster to protect hand
- Small in size
- Expensive price range
06. Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Signature
Zwilling J.A Henckels Twin Signature Kitchen Knife is a German manufactured product. They used a special formula with high carbon steel that has NO STAIN. It’s a piece of precision-stamped blade that is lighter in weight and rust-resistant. Once sharpened, the blade stays sharp for a longer period.
The handle of the 7-inch knife is a piece of perfection in gripping. The knife’s design is artistic with optimum durability of the traditional three-rivet of the Zwilling J.A. Henckels logo. Moreover, the edge angle of the blade is a 10-degree echo side. The formula of the steel has been lasting over 280 years.
- Materials: Carbon
- Volume/Dimension: 16 x 3 x 4 inches
- Weight: 8.8 ounces
- Handle grip gives you superb control
- Reasonable price
- Easy and efficient use
- Super sharp
- Really sharp, so be careful
07. Kyocera Advanced Ceramic Revolution Series Santoku Knife
The Kyocera Advanced Ceramic Revolution Series five-and-a-half-inch Santoku Knife is a multipurpose knife. Usually, the ceramic knife is one of the best options for the kitchen. The blades are made from Kyocera proprietary zirconia material in Japan. The exceptional quality of the knife is that it is very sharp because of its advanced blade and maintains its edge ten times longer than a normal steel blade.
The lightweight makes it easy to clean. Rustproof and rust resistance makes the knife more ideal for kitchen use. Japan originated Santoku knives can slice frozen foods as well. The handle is ceramic and has an excellent grip. So, cutting foods with it is easier.
- Materials: Ceramic
- Volume/Dimension: 10.51 x 1.77 x 0.75 inches
- Weight: 3.17 ounces
- Ceramic material
- easy to clean
- Super sharp
- Best for chopping vegetables and fruits
- Swift control
- Can break if not used carefully
- Hand wash only
08. Cutluxe Santoku Knife Olivery Series
Cutluxe Santoku Knife is made of Premium Swedish Steel and Luxurious Olive Wood Handle. The blade of the knife is precision forged of Sandvik 14C28N steel. Having a top-graded steel design of the handle is quite eye-catching. However, it has an entire tang blade and is well balanced in chopping. This Santoku Knife is best for slicing, mincing, and dicing.
The 7-inch chopping knife has a Granton edge for a better cutting experience. Durability is one of its things for you. Moreover, you will get a lifetime warranty for material and any workman defects. Therefore, you can purchase the product risk-free.
- Materials: Premium Swedish steel
- Volume/Dimension: 12.6 x 2 x 0.9 inches
- Weight: 7.3 ounces
- A perfectly balanced knife
- Long-lasting durability
- Premium eye-catchy design
- Very sharp
- Reasonable price
- Handle might get separated if not used properly
09. Mercer Culinary Asian Collection Santoku Knife
Mercer Culinary Asian Santoku Knife has a very sharp and stainless blade. The German steel can resist corrosion, rust, and discoloration as well. Sharp as a razor blade has the edge of taper ground. The high carbon material of the blade has an advantage of a fine stone finish. The double edge blade of the knife is 16 degrees.
The handle is slip-resistant and made of Santoprene. National Sanitation Foundation certified Mercer Culinary Santoku Knife also has a limited lifetime warranty. It is lighter than other Santoku Knives. You can slice very thin with its blade. After sharpening the knife, you can get much long-lasting sharpness.
- Materials: High Carbon Steel
- Volume/Dimension: 11 x 4 x 1 inches
- Weight: 5 ounces
- Good design
- NSF handle
- Cleaning is easy
- Rust free with a double edge blade
- Deadly sharp
- Reckless use may cause a scratch over the blade
10. MAD SHARK Professional 8 Inch Santoku Knife
Mad Shark Professional Santoku Knife is an ultra-sharp knife that you can use effortlessly. Military-grade German steel gives you long-lasting sharpness. The composition of Carbon, chromium-molybdenum vanadium cobalt has made it strong steel to achieve. The sharp V-shaped edge of the blade is super stable and does to crack.
It is an 8-inch Santoku knife manually fine ground-edged knife with a silver, black color. Carved rivets highlight the nobility of the knife. The handle is made of stainless steel. It is a good choice knife for slicing, dicing, and mincing. Moreover, this knife is resistant to rust and discoloration makes it long-lasting for several decades.
- Materials: German Military Grade Composite Steel
- Volume/Dimension: 15.4 x 4 x 1.2 inches
- Weight: 8.6 ounces
- Very hard Rockwell G10
- Precision cutting and reliable
- Can cut through almost anything
- Considerably reasonable price
- You may find dullness at first use
- Sharpening needed for proper usefulness
Mentioned Knives are very best among all other knives out there. Kitchen knives are for use in residential or homes. All the knives are sharp in different ways; you are recommended to use them carefully. Sharpening the knives may be difficult because you may get them scratched.
For this reason, hand washing should always be preferable. For gifting your loved ones, you are recommended to buy Shun Premier Santoku Knife. The knife has different eye-catching shades. Most of the low ranged product does not come with sharpening knife.