What will you do to make zucchini noodles if you don’t have enough space and don’t want to buy a spiralizer? Yes, you can use a versatile utensil like a grater, or mandoline, or julienne peeler. Let’s learn how to make zoodles without a spiralizer.
If you think zucchini noodles are only for those with a spiralizer, think again! Zucchini noodles can be made with tools you already have or with a smaller investment. Here are the tools to make zucchini noodles without a spiralizer:
How to make zucchini noodles without a spiralizer
Making zucchini noodles with a Box Grater
Follow the steps below to make zucchini noodles – zoodles with a box grater.
- Cut the ends off the zucchini
- Take a box grater
- Place it with the largest grating holes on its face up
- Now push along the top of the grater
- Push in long strokes to create long, thin ribbons
Making zucchini noodles with a Mandolines
Mandolines are flat and compact. They are great for lasagna-like zucchini noodles. You can use the attached julienne blade for more spaghetti-like noodles.
- Take large zucchini
- Rinse the zucchini and dry
- Trim off the end with a knife
- Fit the mandoline with julienne blade
- Gently slide the zucchini lengthwise to create long, thin strips